Two-Component Polysulfide Sealant Is Perfect for Construction Caulking
Two-component polysulfide sealant, as known as a two-component, non-sag, premium polysulfide sealant, which is also called polysulfide sealant for building made up of liquid polysulfide rubber, and add tackifying resin, vulcanizing agent, accelerant and fortifier into it. It contains two components and it can vulcanize and crosslink by itself at room temperature. The two components have clear color difference, which makes the mixing more convenient. It can keep good air tightness and water resistance in continuous vibration and temperature changes. In addition, it has a good bonding effect for metal, concrete and other materials.
Component A and component B are packaged separately, and have a clear color distinction.
Polysulfide sealant is well packed in a plastic bucket, which will play a role of waterproof moisture in the transport process.
Component A and component B are putted in a carton, according to the ratio of 5:1.
Table 1: Advantages and Disadvantages of Two-component Polysulfide Sealant
- Better water resistance.
- Better physical properties, recovery adhesion, peel adhesion, and tensile adhesion.
- Best air tightness among all the sealants.
- Can maintain flexibility over a wide temperature range.
- Can resistant water, oils, grease, most solvents, mild acids and alkalis.
- Cost lower than one component sealant.
- Requires mixing, but easily to mix.
- Light colors be a problem.
- Limited filling life, and very short filling life at 100 °F.
- Slight odor.
- Poorer UV resistance compared with urethane and silicones.
- Need primers for porous substrates.
The polysulfide sealant is suitable for outdoor or indoor and can be used to seal both static and dynamic joints:
- Used to caulk at concrete, building, and bridge.
- Used in anti-leakage caulking of various types of expansion joints, such as waterworks, swimming pools, reservoirs, power plants, dams, sewage treatment works and water supply and drainage systems and other projects.
- Used as the joints of precast concrete, and the seams of the glass and construction.
- Used in the seaming of metal siding, and the bonding of aluminum window frame.
The polysulfide sealant plays an important role as caulking agent in building, paving and so on.
In modern buildings, more and more designers use polysulfide sealant to seam metal siding and bond aluminum window frame.
The polysulfide sealant is used to waterproof at water related projects, such as swimming pool.
- Add component B and pigment into component A;
- Stir quickly up and down until it is well mixed;
- Wipe the mixed sealant in the site where is waiting for construction with a small shovel;
- Do not soak and contact with water within 48 hours after construction.
- Component B should be fully added into component A, which will affect the curing time and plasticity;
- The available time of mixed sealant is 2 hours. So the sealant should be used up as soon as possible after preparation to avoid the paste curing;
- The surfaces waiting for construction must be clean, dry and frost-free, and must be free of oils, grease, paints, coatings, sealers, curing compound residues, and any other foreign matter that might prevent adhesion;
- Notice to avoid water and rain within 48 hours after construction.
- Material: Liquid polysulfide rubber.
- Color: Component A is white and component B is black, and the mixture is black.
- According to flowability: self-leveling and non-slumping.
- According to movement: ability 20 and 25.
- According to tensile modulus: low modulus (LM) and high modulus (HM).
- Packaging & Delivery
- Net Weight: 750 g/piece × 20 pieces, or packed as customers' requirements.
- Packaging Details: Packed with plastic buckets and then on pallet.
- Delivery Time: Shipped in 7 days after payment.
- Shelf life: 12 months.
Table 2: Technical Properties of Two-component Polysulfide Sealant
||1.25 ± 0.1
|Elastic Recovery Rate
|Tensile Bond in Water
|Cold/Hot Pressing Adhesive
|Mass Loss Rate
- Save in ventilated, dry places, avoid direct sunlight; prohibit contacting with acid, alkali, oil, organic solvent, isolate heat source.
- Do not press hardly.
- The sealant should be fully sealed to store.
Health and Safety
- It cannot eat.
- Please keep away from your children or pets.
- Please use a standard caulking gun when it is working. And ensure it do not touch the skin. You can wash thoroughly with soap and water in case one of the components in contact with the skin.