Why You Need HDPE Waterstop in Fuel Areas?
HDPE waterstop, also a kind of plastic waterstop similar to PVC waterstop, are made of quality high density polyethylene materials with high chemical resistance when exposed to hydrocarbons, acids, hot petroleum oils, solvents and diesel fuels, etc. However, the HDPE waterstop is harder, more abrasion and heat resistant than PVC waterstops.
A coil of HDPE waterstop
Features & benefits:
- Strong and durable.
- High resistance to elevate and low temperature.
- Excellent anti-abrasion.
- Superior resistance to chemical liquids, hydrocarbons, acids, solvents, oils, fuels, and other non-polar fluids, etc.
- Resistant to oxidants and reducing agents.
- Not prone to swell and be flexible.
- Easy to butt-weld to form a continuous diaphragm.
- Perfect for primary and secondary containment structure.
- Sewage treatment facilities.
- Fueling areas.
- Mining and refineries facilities.
- Chemical plants
- Liner application
In conjunction with brass eyelets, punched flanges or hog rings, tie wires to surrounding reinforcing bars to prevent the waterstop from displacing during the concrete pour. For changing directions, pre-fabricated waterstops are recommended.
|Physical properties||Test methods||Minimum value|
|Specific gravity||ASTM D-792||0.941|
|Hardness shore A||ASTM D-2240||90 ± 3 at 25°C (77°F)|
|Tensile strength||ASTM D-412||4000 psi|
|Ultimate elongation||ASTM D-412||750%|
|Low temperature brittleness °F (°C)||ASTM D-746||-148 (-100) passed|
|Chemical resistance||ASTM D-471||Meet even exceed|
- Not recommended for applications in oxidizing acid circumstances, for example, nitric, chloro sulfonic and fuming sulfuric, etc.
- Polyethylene will dissolve at high temperature in hydrocarbons and halogenated hydrocarbons such as toluene, xylene, or chlorinated solvents.
Joint Waterstop Catalog