PVC Waterstop - The Best Solution to Concrete Construction
PVC waterstop, being embedded in the concrete joints, acts as a continuous watertight diaphragm to prevent any seepage of liquids in constructions joints which are subject to hydrostatic pressure. It is designed for expansion or contraction joint; meanwhile, it can accommodate lateral and transverse movements which make it capable to suit the moving joints.
The PVC waterstop is extruded form an elastomeric plastic material including high grade polyvinyl chloride, special resin and some chemical additives such as plasticizers and stabilizers. The high material makes PVC waterstops unsurpassed with a variety of features and benefits as shown follow.
Features & benefits:
- High tensile strength.
- Superior elongation capability.
- Excellent inherent elasticity and impermeability
- High resistance to acids, ozone, seawater even diesel oil.
- Extremely alkalis, chlorinated water and other waterborne chemicals resistant.
- Not susceptible to fatigue deterioration as with metal or rubber.
- High quality meet even exceed the industrials standard.
- Never discolor concrete.
- No electrolytic action with surrounding metals.
- Capable to withstand hydrostatic pressure.
- Heat weldable in conjunction with electric splicing irons.
- Withstand the expansion and contraction movement of the joints.
- Capable to taking care of any deflection or displacement arising caused by temperature changing or differential settlement of foundation.
- Supplied in coils for easy handling with high flexibility.
- Easy to install by tethering the outer flanges of the PVC waterstop to adjacent a reinforcing bars.
PVC waterstops with punched flanges, grommets, hog rings or clamps for easy installation
- Ideal for movement joints.
- Suitable for above or below grade applications.
- Suitable in portable water tank.
- Water and sewage treatment facilities.
- Liquid retaining structures such as dams, canals water reservoirs, lock and aqueducts.
- Tunnels and culverts.
- Foundations and basements.
- Parking decks, bridge decks and abutments.
- Elevator pits, roof and floor slabs.
- Primary and secondary containment structures.
In general, the right way of waterstop installation determines the performance in preventing waters and other waterborne chemicals. Any deflection and misalignment should be avoided - that means the best way of installation is to fix the PVC waterstop to the surrounding steel. So for easy installation, three economical methods are provided by our company as shown in the picture:
- Punched flanges
- Hog rings or clamps
|Physical properties||Test methods||Minimum value|
|Water absorption||ASTM D-570||15% - 20%|
|Tear resistance||ASTM D-624||300 psi|
|Specific gravity||ASTM D-792||1.38 ± 0.05|
|Hardness shore A15||ASTM D-2240||79 ± 3|
|Tensile strength||ASTM D-638 Type IV||2000 psi|
|Ultimate elongation||ASTM D-638 Type IV||360%|
|100% modulus||ASTM D-638 Type IV||725 psi|
|Low temperature brittleness (Tb) °F (°C)||ASTM D-746||-35 (-37) passed|
|Stiffness in Flexure||ASTM D-747||600 psi|
|Ozone Resistance||ASTM D-1149||No Failure|
|Accelerated Extraction, CRD-572|
|Tensile||CDR - C- 572||1850 psi|
|Elongation||CDR - C- 572||350%|
|Effect of Alkali, CRD-572|
|Weight Change||CRD-572||+ 0.25% - 0.1%|
|Change in Hardness Shore A||ASTM D-2240||± 5 points|
25 meters / roll in all types and sizes
- Store PVC waterstops in shade and dry conditions.
- Away from frost, water, moisture and high temperature areas.
PVC waterstop with center bulb
PVC waterstop without center bulb